We collect your personal information or personal data when you provide it to us. "Personal information or personal data" is any information that can be used to identify either directly or indirectly to identify a natural person (“you”) such as your name, identification number, location data, etc. Personal information is also information that we can link with other information to identify you. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Digital Services. And we may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
Precise location information may be collected if you permit the Digital Services to access such information.
Some social media platforms may share information with us about when and how you interact with our social media content.
Information you voluntarily agree to provide when using our Digital Services. Such collection may occur when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you submit an application for a position with us; when you sign up for a webinar or event; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, and information about the organization with which you are affiliated. Some of our Digital Services may require that you enter a password or other information in order to access certain features and we collect such credentials when you enter them.
You can generally use any of our Digital Services without providing us with personal information.
Browser cookies and similar technologies (collectively, “Cookies”) collect, store and provide us certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Digital Services. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the Digital Services, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, the content you view and features you access on the Digital Services, the web pages you view immediately before and after you access the Digital Services, whether and how you interact with content available on the Digital Services, and the search terms you enter on the Digital Services.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
When you access the Digital Services via a mobile device, we may collect precise location information if you permit the Digital Services to access such information. We might use this information to provide you with content based on your location and your proximity to our offices.
Persistent Cookies. We use persistent Cookies to improve your experience of using the site. This includes recording your “Accept Cookies” consent which first appears when you use the site.
Session Cookies. Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above.
Third Party Cookies. Third party cookies from Google may be in use on the site.
The data collected by the site and/or through cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above.
These analytics services help us to know how many users we have, which parts of our sites are most popular, what browsers are used (so we can maximize compatibility), the country or region where our users are located, and the demographics and interests of our users. This enables us to better understand who is using our Digital Services and to improve how we present content on the Digital Services.
Google Analytics cookies may retain information for up to two years. For more information about Google Analytics services, please click here.
· To respond to your inquiries;
· To provide you with legal and other services that you request;
· To operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Digital Services;
· To send you newsletters, legal updates, event information, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you;
· To maintain our list of contacts;
· To understand how people use our Digital Services, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
· For Kilpatrick Townsend’s business purposes, including data analysis; detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
· To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications;
· To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel; and
· As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights.
Kilpatrick Townsend is a global provider of legal and other services. Our offices and business entities share information with each other for business purposes such as internal administration, billing, promoting our events and services, and providing you or your organization with services.
· To our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers.
· To law enforcement, other government authorities, or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide legal services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organization, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
· To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
· Performance of a contract – We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract you or to perform a contract that you have with us. For example, when you use our Digital Services we will use your personal information to respond to your requests and provide you with such services.
We engage third parties that support the operation of our Digital Services, such as analytics providers. These third parties may use technologies to track your online activities over time and across different websites and online platforms.
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to comply with applicable legal requirements and safeguard the information that we collect. This includes, when required , obtaining written assurances from third parties that may access your data that they will protect the data with safeguards designed to provide a level of protection greater or equal to that adopted by Kilpatrick Townsend.
Notwithstanding this, no information system can be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The Digital Services are controlled and operated by Kilpatrick Townsend from the United States. We may store the information we collect in the United States or in other countries where we or our service providers have facilities. We may transfer information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection laws and regulations that differ from those in your country.
We retain the information we collect no longer than as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending us an email on ComplianceSTK@kilpatricktownsend.com. And the electronic marketing communications we send you may contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to register your marketing preferences.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information. In some jurisdictions, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, send us an email on ComplianceSTK@kilpatricktownsend.com.
We welcome your inquiries and comments. If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy or data protection practices, please send us an email to ComplianceSTK@kilpatricktownsend.com page or a letter to Complianceansvarig, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton Advokat KB, Hovslagargatan 5B, 114 84, Stockholm. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include any confidential or sensitive information in your email correspondence with us. Furthermore, note that such communications are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship and our Digital Services are not intended to be a solicitation or to render legal advice. If you wish to contact us regarding legal or other services, please contact one of our offices near you. You can find a list of our offices on our main website (www.kilpatricktownsend.se).