Publication Kilpatrick Townsend’s Stockholm Office Earns High Rankings in Prestigious Legal 500
STOCKHOLM (19th of April 2021) – Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton announced today that the firm has received high rankings in the 2021 Legal 500 EMEA edition. Kilpatrick Townsend’s Stockholm office ranks high in Real Estate, Construction, Public Procurement, and Dispute Resolution. Managing Partner Mattias Wittgren is included in the Legal 500’s “Hall of Fame” for his achievements as “Leading Individual” in Construction for many years. Partner Sylvia Lindén is ranked as “Leading Individual” in Public Procurement and Partner Hanna Sundberg is ranked as Next Generation Partner in Real Estate.
Fredrik Ahlqvist leads the Real Estate Practice, ranked in Tier 3. The team is especially recommended for its eminent advice in connection with large-scale portfolio acquisitions and divestments and represents pension funds, private equity firms and private property owners on a regular basis. Partner Hanna Sundberg is alongside Fredrik Ahlqvist highly recommended for handling forward funding and forward purchase deals. The team’s versatile excellence in assisting clients within the fields of leasing and property formation and zoning plan matters is also emphasized. Hanna Sundberg receives high recommendations from clients for being especially business-minded, knowledgeable and efficient.
With a client base that includes developers, contractors, municipalities, engineering- and consultancy firms, and property portfolio companies, the firm’s Construction Practice is highly recommended by Legal 500 for its handling of notably high-value disputes and is ranked in Tier 3. Current mandates for practice co-heads Nicklas Björklund and Mattias Wittgren include contractual and damages disputes concerning infrastructure, retail, education, and housing projects. The team advises on the full range of issues related to development projects, from drafting and negotiating construction and consultancy agreements to assisting with environmental issues. Mattias Wittgren is included in Legal 500’s highest ranking in the “Hall of Fame” within construction. Clients highly recommend Mattias Wittgren, Nicklas Björklund and Marcus Munk and the team’s Construction Practice’s expertise:
- ‘By far the best in Stockholm. In comparison to other firms, Kilpatrick also has practical experience from building sites/firms. You can reach out for help in many issues that other legal firms cannot help you out with.’
- ‘The practice has a range of strength, competence and experience that most firms don’t have. The team is very strong and consists of highly skilled professionals in different legal areas. They have all the competence they need and the partners are among the best in Sweden.’
- ‘Nicklas Björklund is among the best lawyers in Sweden. His team is very competent with the best experience and knowledge you can get.‘
- ‘The internal collaboration is impressive. Kilpatrick works quickly and efficiently and as a client you always feel appreciated and in safe hands. Even in difficult cases, as a client you feel that your interests are always taken care of.’
The Public Procurement Team is ranked in Tier 3 and is led by Sylvia Lindén. The team gets high recommendations from clients:
- ‘We work with Sylvia Lindén and Jens Nilsson regarding everything in public procurement: Sylvia Lindén is a dedicated and competent specialist in public procurement. She is proactive and always one step ahead, easy going and fun to work with. Jens Nilsson is a specialist in public procurement work and is also easy to work with.’
- ‘Kilpatrick Townsend offers tailored business legal solutions and they specialize in public procurement. They always have our company’s best interests in mind and are very competent, and pleasant to work with.’
- ‘The team follows all the issues very closely and is capable of handling all kinds of situations quickly.’
Sylvia Lindén is ranked as a “Leading Individual” and the clients praise her not only for her expert legal advice but also for her excellent business partnering:
- ‘Sylvia Lindén is very knowledgeable, always friendly and helpful, and a colleague to rely on when needed.’
- ‘Sylvia Lindén always has the most professional attitude. Her knowledge makes us feel very safe and grateful to have her involved in our company business.’
- ‘Sylvia Lindén is by far the best lawyer I have ever worked with. She is a star!’
The firm’s Dispute Resolution Team is ranked in Tier 4. Practice co-heads Nicklas Björklund and Mattias Wittgren, together with Erika Finn and Marcus Munk, handle disputes concerning commercial contracts, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, and professional liability issues. The team acts for a range of contractors, sub-contractors, pensions funds, service providers and architecture companies in litigation and arbitration proceedings. Clients highly recommend The Dispute Resolution Team:
- ‘The best of the best. By far the best partner in legal disputes in the construction branch, due to their experience in the field and also with legal disputes.’
- ‘Fast, reliable and with a great deal of practical experience. They are skilled enough to help you in the earlier stages too, so that you can avoid the courts.’
- ‘The team is well assembled and organized. They have vast experience and competence, both as individuals and as a team. I had the fortune to be represented by them and they exceeded my expectations.’
- ‘The practice has a wide range of strength, competence and experience in a way that most companies don’t have. Their team is very strong and consists of highly skilled professionals in different legal areas.’
About Kilpatrick Townsend
Established in 1860, Kilpatrick Townsend is a business law firm with international operations in Sweden, the U.S., Japan, and China.
Since 2001, the Stockholm office has provided consultancy and business law solutions in several legal areas to Swedish and international clients within the private and the public sector.