News Kilpatrick Townsend’s Stockholm Office Earns High Rankings in Prestigious Legal 500 Europe 2022
Kilpatrick Townsend’s Stockholm office announced today that, once again, it’s Real Estate, Construction, Public Procurement, and Dispute Resolution practice areas rank among the best in Europe according to the newly announced results of the 2022 Legal 500 EMEA edition. In addition, several lawyers receive high individual rankings. Managing Partner Mattias Wittgren is included in the Legal 500’s “Hall of Fame” for his achievements as a “Leading Individual”. Partner Sylvia Lindén ranks as a “Leading Individual” in Public Procurement and Partner Hanna Sundberg ranks as a “Next Generation Partner” in Real Estate. The results are based on extensive surveys conducted by the well-regarded Legal 500 that, each year, ranks the world’s top law firms by numerous practice areas.
Fredrik Ahlqvist leads the Real Estate Practice that raised its ranking to Tier 2. The team is especially recommended for its eminent advice in connection with large-scale portfolio acquisitions and divestments and represents pension funds, private equity firms, and private property owners on a regular basis. Partner Hanna Sundberg and Fredrik Ahlqvist are highly recommended for handling forward funding and forward purchase deals as well as advising on project developments. In addition, Partner Matti Scheffer is recommended for his expert knowledge and experience of disputes related to tenancy law, leasing and property formation, and zoning plan matters. The Real Estate team receives high praise from clients:
- Professional, knowledgeable and also very nice people.’
- ‘I have worked with Hanna Sundberg on several occasions and have always been very happy with the interaction and advice received. Besides being a very good lawyer, she is also commercially minded, which I appreciate.’
- ‘Knowledgeable, solution oriented and fun!’
The firm’s Construction Practice elevated its ranking to Tier 2. Current mandates for practice co-heads Nicklas Björklund and Mattias Wittgren include large infrastructure projects, complex construction disputes, and housing projects. Clients highly recommend Mattias Wittgren, Nicklas Björklund and Marcus Munk and the team’s Construction Practice for their expertise, professional and business conduct, and their amicability. The Senior Lawyers at the Stockholm office are recommended by clients as the best in Sweden:
- ‘The team’s strengths and their attention to detail, the ability to quickly provide responses to aid and support business critical decisions. The skills and innovations sit firmly with the personnel employed with Kilpatrick Townsend at their Stockholm office.’
- ‘Mattias Wittgren is highly skilled in construction law and very pragmatic and business focused. He is also easy to reach and always in a good mood.’
- ‘The practice has a very wide spread of strength, competence and experience. The team they build is always very strong and consists of highly skilled professionals in different legal areas. They have all the competence they need within the company and the seniors are among the best in Sweden. (…) They know from the start what difficulties you may face during both the process to make a business agreement and how to make the contract documents as good as possible.
- ‘Nicklas Björklund is among the best lawyers in Sweden and his team is considered as a winning team, which is a very good thing if you are in a dispute. I notice that their teamwork is excellent and the seniors will get the result that the client hopes for. I think that the seniors are in the top of their sector in Sweden and that they have the best way of organising to get their results.’
- ‘The practice has a very wide spread of strength, competence and experience in a way that most companies don’t have and when you work with a big company you may lose contact within the team. The team they build is always very strong and consists of highly skilled professionals in different legal areas. They have all the competence they need within the company and the seniors are among the best in Sweden.’
The Public Procurement Team, ranked in Tier 3, is led by Sylvia Lindén. Advokat, Senior Associate Jens Nilsson, also a member of the public procurement team, receives an individual ranking in Legal 500 Europe as a “Recommended Lawyer 2022”. The Public Procurement team also gets high recommendations from clients:
- ‘Professional treatment and incredibly committed staff.’
- ‘Sylvia Lindén is extremely professional and very available and attentive to our concerns.’
- ‘The lawyers I worked with were committed to provide solutions to their customers and were very quick in their actions.’
Link to Legal 500 Europe 2022.
Established in 1860, Kilpatrick Townsend is a business law firm with international operations in Sweden, the U.S., Japan, and China.
Since 2001, the Stockholm office has provided consultancy and business law solutions in several legal areas to Swedish and international clients within the private and the public sector.